Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fast-Paced Fun

Life is going hurrier, I'm moving faster, and I'm having a blast!

This happy email popped into my inbox today:
This means that for the next ten months, wherever there's an American Quilter's Society (AQS) show, "Buckles and Belts" will be on exhibit. Wow! I can't believe it!

Buckles and Belts was my Madrona Road Challenge finish back in January.

39-1/2" X 49-1/2"
I put lots of free motion quilting into it.

And... did you notice my new blog header? I had the pleasure of working with the very talented graphic designer, Emma, of ETM Creative to come up with this logo/header that will also be on my new social cards. Emma was a treat to work with, and you can see how she pegged my interests and color preferences. The stylized palm came from my own photo of the Bismarck palm in my front yard. How cool is that?!

This afternoon saw the last class of First Time Quiltmaking students. Nearly all of them came with finished quilts, and posed for this great photo in the entry vestibule of The Villages High School. Yep, that's me in the middle.

Note: I don't teach appliqué in the beginner class. This very determined student chose her own pattern, and tackled hand appliqué during the five weeks of lessons. She's proof that if you have a can-do attitude, you can accomplish anything you want in a first-time class!

It's been a great week so far. But whew! I'm ready for some personal sewing time. Linda

24 comments:

  1. The quilt looked lovely in person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Modern Mirage was selected for travel as well! They'll have a great time together! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header! It's very "catchy". Congratulations on your quilt being exhibited. To me it's not a surprise at all. Great turnout at your last quilting lesson. But do you really have a high school at the "retirement village"? Just wondering ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyyy for you. So glad we got to be friends before you got all famous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I love your new modern header...it fits your style. Congrats on adding some new quilters to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Linda. Love the new header. Hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful header. And Belts and Buckles is one of my all-time favorite quilts. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your graduating class look very proud of their achievements! And the new header is great! Belts and Buckles is one of my all-time favourite quilts too!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Linda! Great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new look blog header, lovely surprise when I came to read your post.
    I'm not surprised at all that Buckles and Belts has been selected to tour. Great pattern and outstanding quilting- all done by 1 person. This is a real feather in your cap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on Buckles and Belts being selecting to travel. New header looks nice too. Very fitting with the palms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    I love your new look, so modern and so you.
    Congratulations on your quilt " Belts and Buckles" being one chosen to travel to all of the different shows what an exciting honor.
    You have so many exciting things going on in your life !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy for you on the selection of your quilt. I know this will bring a lot of praise on your supreme abilities in the art of quiltmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Linda. You're a legend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an amazing quilt! I love every inch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think they AQSis fortunate to have your wonderful quilt for their show. Congratulations to you and to AQS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WooHoo!! How fabulous for you; well done Linda. Love the quilt - especially the FMQ. Header is excellent. You are having a wonderful time - Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulation Linda. So well deserved too. Your Belts and Buckles is one of my favorites quilts. I'll look forward to seeing it in person at Paducah in April. I can then tell my friends, I knew her before she became really famous. You are already a star in the quilt world. I was surprised by your new header. It's very fitting of your location and interests.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Didn't I tell you that Buckles and Belts would be selected to travel! Congratulations! Love the new header also.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I will look for it at the Lancaster show this coming spring. The new header looks great, very you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Linda.
    Thanks for the tutorial on the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I noticed your new blog header - its wonderful and how amazing that your quilt will be shown around the country - woo hoo ! congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the look of the Woven Block - thanks for sharing!! Enjoy your visit with Edith - I can imagine your sewing room will be very busy with the two of you working away on different projects while chatting away - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Linda - that's great news about your quilt! What a cool thing, to have it travel with shows and be admired in person by all those quilt fans!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin