Saturday, April 14, 2012

It was a great Good Friday

For more than a week I've been nearly bursting to share our news!

The sold sign went up a week ago. Boy, has life quickly change around here! 

It was the afternoon of Good Friday, April 6, that two couples made second visits to see our house. Both were very interested. Within a couple hours we had an offer, good enough that we accepted that evening. 

The past week has been full of activities - inspections and an appraisal, among other things. Somewhat surprisingly, given stories we've heard about home inspections, we practically sailed through it! Only two kitchen outlets, near the sink, need to be switched to ground fault interruptors, a code change since the house was built in 1984. 

All our furniture has been pre-sold - divine intervention there, most certainly! And my 12 year-old Volkswagen Beetle (my beloved, surprise college graduation gift) has also been sold. Boo hoo. It will be extremely difficult to part with. 
April 2000 photo
Some of the furniture is being picked up this weekend!

If all continues smoothly, as expected, we will close on this house Thursday, May 3! Yes, very soon! The buyers, who have sold their home, close that day and, understandably, want possession the same day. We're happy we can be accommodating. Most of our few remaining possessions have been packed for many weeks. 

Because we have so few belongings, our plan is to rent a small truck to move from West Des Moines to our daughter's house in Kansas City where she will store our things in her garage until we know where, exactly, we will live in The Villages, Florida. We'll stay with our daughter for a couple weeks so I can spend time with grandchildren and attend the Machine Quilter's Showcase (MQS) in Overland Park, Kansas (two of my quilts on display). Yay for getting to meet some of my blog pals who will be at the Kansas City spring quilt market, and at MQS! 

In late May, hubby and I, and the dog, will begin a month-long house rental in The Villages while we consider all our home-buying options: pre-owned, new construction, and custom-built. 

Once we know where we'll live, hubby will rent another truck to move our possessions from Kansas City to The Villages. 
And there we are.

I am clearly seeing God's hand throughout everything that happened Holy Week - a significant double message I think -  and this past week. None of this would be falling so smoothly into place without His hand orchestrating it. 

Praising Him, and excitedly making plans for the future, Linda

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations that must be a relief. How exciting as you enter a new chapter of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew it would all work out!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such fantastic news Linda - bit sad about the VW though ! so probably not a great deal of sewing will be done over the next few weeks !! hope everything goes really smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, taste and see that the LORD is good! His ways are higher than our own, Praise Him for this work in your lives!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled for you, Linda. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on selling your house! Now on to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, God is good...what an awesome journey and it will be exciting to see you settled in time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thrilled for you Linda. I can hear the excitement. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you!I'm confident that your recognition of the hand of the Lord in your life has brought you these great blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news. Good luck with it all. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Linda I hope that your move to a new life continues to go smoothly. God Bless Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the sale of your house....looks like you are well on the way to beginning the next chapter of your life....all organised and ready to go! So sorry my plans had to change and I won't get a chance to catch up in KC. Hope all goes well with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Linda...it's all happening for you...I'm sohappy for you!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Linda. Congratulations on your house sale. I'm so happy for you. Big smile on my face as I was reading your post. So glad everything is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad the house has sold and you can begin this new adventure. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What good news for you. Let the next chapter begin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Linda! You are so blessed to be able to start this new chapter in your life. I am so happy to hear about your wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such fantastic news Linda. I't will be such a huge change for all of you, although you are more than up to the challenge! All the very best for the move.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Linda! Hope the move is smooth sailing for you. Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so happy for you, Linda! Congrats!! (I didn't realize that the Bug was already gone, too....;(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on that sold sign! It's fantastic news (though I am sad about the sale of the Bug) and all kinds of new adventures are waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Linda, I have just tuned in to see you have sold. How wonderful for you. It took 12 months to sell my DM's house, so yours was really quick. How exciting for you in the next stage of your life!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I see things are go! Yay! Congrats! I pray everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cross country moves go better with God :) (MT to IN in January:)

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin