Monday, March 14, 2011

Grandchildren and Embroidery

Austin, in Florida
I'm at home again after more than a month of being away. Of course the best place to be, weather-wise, and for spending time with family - Austin! - was in Florida.

I flew home last Thursday looking quite out of place by the time I reached Des Moines. I walked into 30 degree temperatures wearing open-toed sandals, bare-legged (in a skirt), with my Panama Jack sunhat on my head! Seeing all the people at the gate, I realized I was headed the "wrong way." It's spring break, and everyone was anticipating flights south to warmer weather!

I spent one night at home... long enough to do laundry, sleep, and pack again to leave the following morning for a weekend in Kansas visiting our daughter and her family. I've sure gotten in a lot of grandie time lately!
Still sporting my Florida tan, here I am with four month-old Aesa.
Brothers: (L) Tay, 17 months; (R) Aesa, 4 months

Big sister, Celina
We spent two nights in Kansas City so Dan could help assemble this backyard playground set.
How many adults does it take to put together a playground set? Well, the instructions say it takes two people two hours. For this crew of three, it was more than six hours work!
Jill, Dan, and Maher - All college-educated! 
Almost finished... Saturday afternoon.

During airport-waiting and car-riding time, I finished two more blocks of the "Snowmen A to Zzzz" embroidery project.
Being able to stitch these blocks, or hand-piece blocks for a quilt is why I always like to keep a grab-and-go project at the ready.
Now that I'm at home again, I'm ready to spend time with my sewing machine, but isn't it nice to have variety and options? That's why I like making anything that involves using a needle and thread.

4 comments:

  1. It's always a delight to see the latest photos of all 5 of your beautiful grandchildren, Linda. I'm doing my best to catch up with you here - No 2 is two days overdue! Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you are back in the midwest although maybe not home in Iowa! Looks like you're having lots of fun with the grandkids in KC even if its not quite as warm as Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grands are growing up so quickly! It looks like you had a fantastic time. I'm not surprised that it took longer to assemble the swing set than anticipated. It seems like any type of home improvement goes over the time estimates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those two boys are so cute! What a fun time you must have with them. I had to laugh about the backyard play set. The instructions usually aren't very good for those things. We did a couple of those when the kids were young and it was a struggle. Also, love your glasses.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin