Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Skirting Through the Week

It's timely that I've recently been sewing skirts because Marie Madeline Studio, who designed my favorite skirt pattern ever - Route 66 - is having a week-long 45 percent off fabric sale beginning next Monday.

Here are two of my new Route 66 skirts. This one is black stretch denim with colorful embroidered dots. I should be able to wear it with lots of different colored tops.
I came up with this combination of autumn-looking fabrics from my local quilt shop. Gosh, do you know how difficult it is to take photos of yourself wearing a skirt!? I tried.For this Street Fair skirt pattern, I used a brushed fiber print fabric, something I think will be winter-appropriate.
Next... find leggings and knee-high boots, so I can keep wearing skirts through Iowa's long, cold, snowing winter. Did anyone else hear that the Farmers' Almanac is predicting another winter as bad as last years'?! Dreadful!

But let me leave you with a chuckle. My blogger-friend, Carla at Lollyquiltz, who I'm excited to meet in person later this month, shared a breakfast conversation she had with her granddaughter:
Four year-old Haven, watching her grandmother pour Cheerios into her breakfast bowl, spyed grandmother's box of Fiber One cereal.
Haven: "What's that?"
Grandmother: "Oh, that's my cereal and you probably wouldn't like it."
Haven: "Oh, is that what you feed mice?"
Get it? Haven heard "my cereal" as "mice cereal." Oh, wouldn't Art Linkletter have liked that one? (If you're too young - or too old! - to remember the TV show "Kids Say the Darndest Things" go here for a few laughs.)

5 comments:

  1. I didn't get the joke, so thanks for the explanation, and I am (barely) too young to remember Art Linkletter, but having been made to feel ancient lately in my class I'm taking (@ Drake), I'll take it! The feeling of being too young for a change, that is!

    Great skirts...I would love to find time to get some garment sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you all pretty in your skirts. very nice. I really like the fall one.
    Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them, but I would have to say the autumn Route 66 Skirt is my favorite...very pretty!

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chuckle........again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Ooh the second one :) Absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin