Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friday Flaunt - Stitchin' Mission Stuff

This week I've continued to stitch away at the Noah's Ark pieces. I've finished all ten of the small designs of pairs of animals...

and have begun to stitch the large piece.
I'm also making two quilts for Stitchin' Mission and have completed two quilt tops: the Noah's Ark pattern... and Fishes and Loaves pattern. Both of these are "boy quilts."
Then, using leftover bits of fabrics collected from the newbies who were rotary cutting at the last Stitchin' Mission class, I made some blocks for a New Life quilt. It nearly feels like home to be sewing on Jill's Bernina sewing machine.My friends know how much I enjoy taking scraps and sewing them into these 6-1/2" X 6-1/2" unfinished Ezekiel blocks. It's my frugal German nature hard at work - making something from nothing. I completed four blocks that I'll leave with the Stitchin' Mission coordinators to work into another quilt.

This morning I'm hopping the ferry at Abbotsford wharf to go to Circular Quay and the CBD (central business district) for the "Friday Showcase" of the Quilters' Guild of New South Wales at their Pitt Street offices. I'll meet up with Di, and of course, make some new quilting friends.

Then, on Saturday, I'm going to the monthly sewing day of the Sydney Southern Cross Quilters. Yes, they're letting this American invade their strictly Aussie group! I can't wait to meet face-to-face several quilters with whom I've swapped blog comments and emails for the past six months. What fun!


Each Friday, bloggers who belong to Quilting Down Under chat group post a flaunt of their productivity. Visit Cinzia's blog to find links to all 19 Friday Flaunt-ers.

4 comments:

  1. That baby is so cute!!!! How lovely to spend time together. When do you go back Up Over?
    Are you coming down to Vic/Melb this trip?
    And have fun at the Scquilters Day tomorrow - once I sent one of The Smellies (my sons) as my Show and Tell!!!

    Hugs,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you are having a great time. Lots of sewing going on. Enjoy your outings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently bought a quilting frame from a thrift store which looks just like the one advertised for sale in the Stitchin' Mission Blog and was wondering if you could lead me to the right person. I am trying to figure out how to mount my quilt unto the poles as I do not have any instructions. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Kuan, I am unable to respond to you because you are a "no reply" commenter. However, my quilt frame didn't have instructions either, and no one showed me the proper way to load a quilt. I'm sorry to not be able to help you.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin