Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Australia - A Little More Flora

It's spring in Australia and all sorts of things are blooming. I haven't a clue what most of them are, but they're varied, lovely, and some even smell heavenly.

The white flowers in the foreground have a heady scent. Planted as they are, bayside, and seen with moored boats and Gladesville Bridge in the distance... well, it's just a pretty picture. And it's only a few steps from where I'm staying!

This reminds me of a poinsettia.These are so sweet-looking. Each fragile-looking bell shape is fringed along the bottom edge.
Orange? Kumquat?
While I admired God's creation on the ground, once again a skywriter was painting the sky with a reminder about Jesus.This sure attracted my attention! Here's the web link to what I learned.

1 comment:

  1. 3rd photo down Flower is White Flag Iris - an Australian native plant. In Tasmania the aboriginal women use it to make baskets.
    Tayenebe - a recent project used the only 3 living women who could make the Tasmanian baskets teaching others, so now there are 35 Tasmanian aboriginal women who can make them and pass the traditional skill onto others.
    Tayenebe - the exhibition of their work + historical baskets from 1800s - is on display at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery until 15 Nov - then it moves to mainland.

    Helen from Hobart

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin