Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Flaunt - Another Bub Quilt

Isn't there always time for "just one more" for quiltmakers? This week I hopped to it and made this 42" X 48" baby quilt. The focus fabric - a print of block letters spelling baby - along with a print of green kangaroos and other animals on white, were just too perfect to leave laying around for long. This three-rail fence layout worked up quickly. I tried, for the first time, using flannel as batting, and I like it. The quilt's very lightweight and drapes nicely, as I hoped it would. A heads up for you newer quilters: if you use flannel as batting, be sure to wash it first; it shrinks!
This quilt, and four others, will be flying off to Oz with me soon. I can't wait!

(Each Friday, bloggers who belong to Quilting Down Under chat group post a flaunt of their productivity. Visit Cinzia's blog to find links to all 19 Friday Flaunt-ers.)

1 comment:

  1. I will certainly keep flannel in mind for future quilt batting.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin