Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sewing: All in the Family

While in Australia, I helped my grand-daughter and daughter do some sewing.

On March 17, the day we arrived, we went to the local Bernina dealer to look at the second-hand Bernina 1230 sewing machine that was on hold, waiting for my approval! 
Then, not only did I get to help my grand-daughter learn how to use the machine as she made a quilt, but I coached -- hubby called it "Mother-Daughter Bonding" -- my daughter as she sewed a quillow. Though it's been 20 years since she sat at a sewing machine she made comments about "things coming back."
Sewing is like getting out the bicycle in the back of the garage that you haven't ridden for a while. If you dust it off and give it a go, you'll remember how to to do it again. She easily sewed a quillow and it turned out great.

And look at the happiness and pride on the face of this 10 year-old who loves the new quilt she finished! This quilt is the keeper of our good memories... of the time we spent making it together.

1 comment:

  1. She looks really pleased with her creation, and so proud. That was such a special thing for you to do together! I look forward to doung the same with my little one in a few years.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin